STOP – Telecoms Service Contract Considerations
If you are considering a new broadband service, or IP phones (VoIP), please check the following:
- Openreach are upgrading the national network which will affect everyone. This is the biggest change in over 100 years so it is important that you do not disadvantage your business.
- Do not install an ‘FTTC’ broadband service. This runs over the old copper voice network and the upgraded (and cheaper) SoGEA service is available now. If in doubt contact us to check for free. The broadband services landscape is changing now. With higher speed services being rolled out across the country.
- Only install IP Hosted Voice. Preferably managed. If in doubt contact us to check for free.
- Do not sign a contract for longer than 12 months and do not sign any lease agreements for hardware. If you do you will be tied in to products and services that may become unfit for service. We see this every week!
- Check that the supplier also provides the ongoing support and billing directly. Subcontracting these can lead to problems.
- Check that the supplier has a track record of at least 5 years, is profitable and local. It can be difficult to resolve long distance issues and you do not want your supplier going bust.
If you want further help with any of these issues please feel free to contact us, we are more than happy to advise.
We’re happy to receive a call from you on: 01733 595840